XL Group Insurance has combined its Property Underwriting and Global Asset Protection Services (GAPS) to form a global team of nearly 200 risk engineers. As part of this movement, the Group announced the appointment of six new Regional Engineering Leaders across Europe and America.
XL’s new Regional Engineering Leaders include:
· Huw Chandler for Northern Europe/Australia Pacific: Based in London, Mr. Chandler has more than 30 years of experience as a fire protection engineer, industry safety consultant, construction and property account consultant.
· Jan Van Caesbroeck for Western Europe: Mr. Van Caesbroeck has considerable experience providing loss prevention services to Fortune 500 companies, with particular expertise in the Auto, Diversified Chemical and Steel industries.
· Martin Vinkenfluegel for Central and Eastern Europe: Mr. Vinkenfluegel has been with XL since 1987. He will retain his business development responsibilities in addition to taking on this new risk leader role. He is based in Zurich.
· Marc Musikoff for North America/ Eastern: Based in New York, Mr. Musikoff has 25 years of risk engineering experience gathered from his experiences including at Factory Mutual Engineering and Association, Alexander and Alexander.
·James Lemanski for North America/Central: Mr. Lemanski will remain based in Chicago and will direct risk engineering resources throughout the Central US.
· Anthony Forester for North America/Western: Mr. Forester’s has loss prevention and risk management experience from GE Insurance Solutions and XL GAPS. To take on his new position, he is relocating from Chicago to Los Angeles.
Matthias Horntrich, Chief Underwriting Officer of XL’s International Property Insurance group said, “Our customers should have a choice! That’s why we are proud to be able to offer them the flexibility of a customized approach to their risk management needs with a highly qualified global engineering team which can provide input for superior underwriting decisions. Our new Regional Engineering Leaders will play a key role assuring that we optimize our risk engineering capabilities to their fullest.”
According to Tim Heinze, Head of XL GAPS, “XL GAPS remains committed to our loss prevention customers – those businesses that rely on us for loss prevention surveys, employee training and other loss prevention services outside their insurance program. We look forward to growing with our customers them and helping them keep their operations running profitably.”