The Malaysia local subsidiary (MSIG Malaysia) of Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company, Limited (Yasuyoshi Karasawa, President) was awarded the General Insurance Company of the Year at the 19th Asia Insurance Industry Awards, announced in November 2015.
MSIG Malaysia was recognized as being the most outstanding insurance company in the Asian insurance market during
MSIG Malaysia received this award in recognition of our continuous efforts to provide the best insurance services that meet diverse customers’ needs in Asia, to further expand in the region and
achieve sustainable growth.
19th Asia Insurance Industry Awards 2015
General Insurance Company of the Year (most Outstanding Insurance Company in Asia)
2: Basis for the Award
(1) Ranked among top three in major class of insurance by expanding the market share under the unpredictable economic environment.
(2) Focusing on customer satisfaction by developing First-of-its-kind online plat form ,”Take it easy” and mobile application “Home Assist.”
(3) Ensuring financial soundness and proper operation by promoting of ERM (Enterprise Risk Management) and play a strong leadership role in the Malaysian insurance market.
3: About the Award
(1) The Asia Insurance Industry Award
・The largest insurance industry contest in Asia, sponsored annually by Asia Insurance Review, an insurance specialty magazine in Asia 2015 market the 19 year of the contest.
・Awards are presented in 15 categories for general insurance, life insurance and reinsurance companies , insurance education institutes , brokers , etc. Awards are on by a panel of 29 judges from top position in insurance regulatory agencies, insurance companies.
(2) General Insurance Company of the Year
・An award given to the insurance company who has made the most impressive mark on the Asian general insurance industry. The award was presented to the Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance in 2005, and MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings in 2011.