Aviva can guarantee that you’ll never lose your no claims discount that you have worked hard to build up. We can offer you a guaranteed protected no claims discount for the life of your motor insurance policy – regardless of the number of claims you make, we promise you won’t see any increase in your premium as a result of any claims. To opt for a guaranteed no claims discount, you will need to have:
– Comprehensive car insurance with at least 5 years no claims discount
– No ‘at fault’ claims in the last 3 years
– Policyholder and all additional drivers must be aged 21 or over
– Have a minimum excess of £250 on your car insurance policy
– Guaranteed no claims discount is not available for policies with open driving
We can give your named drivers their own no claims discount
– If you are a named driver, you can earn your own no claims discount when you purchase a car insurance policy with us in your own right.
– If you are the spouse or partner of the policy holder you could earn up to 70% discount when you insure your own car with us.
– If you are purely a named driver, you can earn up to 40%* discount when you take out car insurance with us.
– If you are a named driver looking to purchase your own car insurance, unfortunately we are unable to process your application online.
24/7 claims helpline
Our phone claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. If you should need us all you need to do is call 0844 891 1111 (Calls may be recorded and/or monitored) and an incident manager will record all details relating to your car insurance claim, and will take immediate steps towards resolving it for you. There are no forms to fill in, and the incident manager will confirm;
– Whether your policy covers you for the incident
– What you will have to pay
– All steps involved in your car insurance claim being settled
– If you’ve got an iPhone, why not download our free app MyClaims; if you need to make a claim on your Aviva car insurance policy, MyClaims will take you through the process 0844 numbers will be charged at 3p per minute from a BT landline. Calls from other networks may vary.
Child car seat replacement
– Did you know that if your car has been in an accident – even if there is no visible damage – it is possible that your child car seat could be weakened so that it will not provide the same level of protection in a further accident?
– The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (ROSPA) recommends that all child car seats should be replaced following an accident. That’s why we’ll provide child car seat cover as standard with our comprehensive motor insurance polices. We’ll replace your child car seat up to the value of £100 following an accident or theft – even if it looks undamaged.
A single point of contact for your repairs
We all know how frustrating it can be, having to chase around a number of different people for information on the progress of your car repair(s). Having to repeat yourself over and over again can only add to your stress. Just one point of contact for your repairs keeps things simple and that is what we aim to do. Should you have an accident, and your car is being fixed by one of our approved repairers, you will be put in touch with one person and they will be your sole point of contact until your car is back on the road. And don’t forget, you have the reassurance that all repairs to your car are made by our network of approved garages and are guaranteed for 3 years.
Enhanced courtesy car upgrade
And that’s great if you have a family or just want that extra comfort and space. Our enhanced courtesy car option means that should you have an accident and your car requires repair work, then you will receive a 5 door car with a 1.6 litre engine with room for up to 5 people.
– To select the upgrade as part of your car insurance policy features, please click on the ‘enhanced courtesy car’ option in the ‘add on’ section of the online car insurance quote application form.
New car replacement
If your vehicle is less than 12 months old from purchase as new when you have an accident – or it’s stolen and not recovered – an Aviva car insurance policy will give you a new car of the same make and specification (if one is available in the UK).
– Provided the cost of your car insurance claim is more than 60% of the UK list price (including car tax and VAT, when you bought the car
– The car is stolen and not recovered
We will only replace your car if;
– You or your partner own the car or are buying it under a hire-purchase agreement (not leasing, contract hire agreement or similar)
– The hire purchase company agrees
– You and your partner are the first registered keeper of the car
A car is deemed as new when it has been pre-registered in the name of the manufacturer or supplying dealer, and your or your partner are the second registered keeper, providing at the time of purchase, by you or your partner, the car has only delivery mileage (in any event not exceeding 250 miles.). Cars sold as ‘ex-demonstrators ‘ or ‘nearly new’ do not qualify for replacement.
Multi-car motor insurance discounts
Many households have more than one car these days. We think that’s worth a discount on your car insurance policy.
– We’ll give you up to 15% discount on each additional car your insure with us
– We’ll automatically cut up to 15% off the premium of your existing car insurance when it’s time to renew
– If you have a no claims discount on the existing car insured with us, we can match the no claims discount on each additional vehicle up to a maximum of 70%
How do you qualify for multi-car discounts on your motor insurance?
– Must be a comprehensive car insurance policy
– Only applies to the insured driver or insured driver PLUS spouse/domestic/civil partner named on the first and second car insurance policies. No other drivers allowed.
To take advantage of this discount, then please call us on 0800 051 2382 (Calls may be recorded and/or monitored), quoting reference MP33.
24 hour pick up and onward journey following an accident
If you are involved in an accident and your car is undriveable, we will come and pick you and your car up from the scene of the accident whatever time of the day it may be. We can arrange for your car to be dropped of at a garage/or your home and will arrange for you to be taken on to a destination of your choice – whether it be home or to your original destination if you were travelling away from home (within the UK including Northern Ireland)
When you buy a car insurance policy from us, we’ll give you access to our online self service facility, MyPolicy. By choosing MyPolicy you’ll get instant secure access to all your insurance policy documents, so you won’t need to wait for the post. And you’ll also help us fulfil our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint.
Printed certificates of motor insurance are now accepted by the Post Office as proof of insurance when buying your vehicle’s road tax. Register with our online service and you can print your certificate as soon as your insurance policy comes into force.
Uninsured driver promise
If you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault your no claims discount won’t be lost – and you may be able to recover the cost of any excess you have had to pay. You will need to provide
– the vehicle registration and the make/model
– the driver’s details
This promise is for comprehensive car insurance policies only and applies where the driver of your car was not at fault for the accident.