Celebrating its commitment to empowering economic and human possibility around the world Aon is holding its Global Service Day, where colleagues in 44 countries will volunteer their time and efforts to support local charities in their communities.
As part of the firm’s global mission, Aon’s company-wide service day provides colleagues with the opportunity to take time off from their work to engage in charitable activities that focus on providing assistance to organizations that empower people and serve communities at risk.
“Today, our colleagues unite as a firm to give back to their local communities in order to empower those who need it most,” said Greg Case, Aon plc President and CEO. “Corporate citizenship means going the extra step and contributing to society beyond what you do in your everyday course of business. Aon’s Global Service Day is the embodiment of that philosophy.”
Mr. Case will be volunteering alongside fellow Aon colleagues to host a day of activities for athletes from the Special Olympics in Chicago’s Millennium Park.
Aon has conducted similar company-wide service days in recent years. In 2007, a day of service was held to celebrate Aon’s 20th anniversary as a global brand, in 2010, a day was held to commemorate the launch of the firm’s role as principal partner and global shirt sponsor of Manchester United, and in 2012, Aon celebrated its 25th anniversary with a service day.
From orphanages in Russia to soup kitchens in South Africa to global organizations like the Red Cross, Special Olympics, United Way and UNICEF, Aon’s efforts will touch charitable organizations in every corner of the globe. Through its partnership with Manchester United and the Manchester United Foundation, Aon has hosted numerous soccer clinics for children in impoverished areas around the world.
Aon colleagues will contribute to these and many other organizations during Global Service Day:
– Brazil – Aon volunteers in Rio de Janeiro will spend the day at local orphanage, Fundação Romao Duarte, where they will prepare and serve food and participate in recreational activities with the children who live there. Volunteers in Sao Paolo will work with local charity Grupo Gema, to provide needed resources like clothing and blankets to at-risk children.
– China – Colleagues will raise funds to support UNICEF and will work with Cherished Dream to collect books to donate to elementary schools in need.
– France – Colleagues in Paris will partner with local charity, Nos Quartiers ont des Talents, to welcome 70 young adults from poverty stricken neighborhoods and hold workshops on resume building and job search skills.
– Indonesia – Aon colleagues will partner with the Indonesian Childhood Cancer Foundation to host a half day of activities for young people undergoing cancer treatment.
– Philippines – Colleagues will partner with the Fairplay For All Foundation to gather donations and volunteer support for youth football programs and help launch an urban garden.
– South Africa – Colleagues in Bloemfontein will perform facility improvements and plant a vegetable garden for local soup kitchen Vrystaat Versorging in Aksie. Volunteers in Johannesburg will prepare and serve food to the children of Phela Giving Back.
– United States – Colleagues in the United States will volunteer with a number of organizations including American Heart Association, American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Junior Achievement, Ronald McDonald House, Second Harvest Food Bank, Special Olympics and the YMCA.