As the temperatures fall outside, it’s time to start preparing the inside of your home for winter.
“It’s important to make sure your home is weather tight,” said Sean Welch, a senior assistant vice president with Amica Mutual Insurance Co. “This can save you money on heating bills and help prevent costly repairs, such as repairing frozen water pipes.”
Here are a few tips to keep out the cold:
– Remove screens and install storm windows.
– Apply weather stripping around doors and windows.
– Insulate all pipes and plumbing near exterior walls.
– Caulk windows and cracks to prevent cold air from entering.
– Add insulation to your attic or crawl space.
– Seal around dryer vents and cable outlets.
“More time is spent indoors in the winter months, so it is important to make sure your home is safe and warm,” Welch said. “Taking a few steps now will make your winter a lot more comfortable.”
Source : Amica Press Release