Jean François Lemoux, Managing Director for the International Branch at Groupama has decided to retire in September 2011. As a result the Groupama Management has decided to prepare for the succession in order to continue the dynamic international growth initiated.
- Pierre Lefèvre, 53, Managing Director of the Italian subsidiary Groupama Assicurazioni since 2007, will join the International Branch with Jean-François Lemoux in September 2010 and will replace Mr. Lemoux on 1 January 2011.
- Christophe Buso, 48, Managing Director of Groupama Centre-Atlantique for 6 years, will join Groupama’s Italian subsidiary in January 2010 as Deputy Managing Director. He will assume the position of Managing Director of Groupama Assicurazioni in September 2010. Italy today represents the leading foreign market for Groupama in terms of business, with revenues of €1.4 billion in 2008, and has approximately 1000 employees and 1000 general agents.
- Helman le Pas de Sécheval, 43, Groupama Chief Financial Officer for 8 years, has been appointed by the Board of Directors of Groupama Centre-Atlantique as Managing Director of the Regional Mutual as of 1 January 2010. Groupama Centre-Atlantique covers 11 French departments, with over 1,600 employees and 380,000 clients, and generated €673 million in revenues in 2008.
- Christian Collin, 55, Corporate Secretary and Director of Strategy and Human Resources for the Group since 2002, has been appointed Chief Financial Officer for Groupama as of 1 January 2010. His successor will be named in the coming weeks.
In addition, Jean-François Lemoux will become an Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer of Groupama SA on 1 January 2011.
These appointments illustrate Groupama’s desire to promote executive mobility and develop bridges among the various entities of the Group: the Regional Mutuals, Groupama SA, and the International subsidiaries.
As a mutual and decentralised group, Groupama offers its managers the opportunity to diversify their skills and acquire both administrative and operational experience. This management policy is one of the key assets of Groupama.
- Jean-François Lemoux, 61, a graduate of HEC, began his career in 1971 in the VIA group where he served successively as marketing manager, management controller, Director of Sales and Director of Life Insurance. In 1988, he joined the Athéna Group as the Managing Director of Proxima, a life insurance company specialising in group insurance. In 1990, he was appointed Managing Director of PFA Vie. At the same time, he directed a number of units in the Athéna group, including Athéna Communication and Athéna Health. In October 1998, he was appointed to the Management Board of GAN S.A. and Deputy Managing Director of Gan, and was responsible for the general networks (general agents and brokers). In September 2000, in addition to his responsibility for the GAN general networks, he assumed responsibility for new Group insurance Departments for France. Jean-François Lemoux has served as Managing Director International at Groupama since July 2003.
- Pierre Lefèvre, 53, a civil engineer with a degree in mechanical engineering and industrial management, began his career with Unilever Benelux in the internal audit department in 1980. In 1984, he joined the AXA group, where he served in various management positions in Belgium (management control, Life and Property insurance) before moving to Great Britain in 1994 as Managing Director, then Chairman-Managing Director. He was named Chairman of the Management Board of AXA Nederland BV (Netherlands) in 1998, and joined Groupama Insurances in the United Kingdom as Managing Director in 2002. On 1 November 2007, Pierre Lefèvre was appointed Chairman-Managing Director of Groupama’s Italian subsidiaries.
- Christophe Buso, 48, holds an MBA in corporate management from HEC and began his career in 1985 in human resources as recruitment manager at BNP. In 1988, he joined PA Consulting Group as advisor for recruitment and human resource management. In 1993, he joined Groupama Alpes-Méditerranée where he served successively as Human Resources Director and then Deputy Managing Director as of 1997. Early in 2004, he was named Managing Director, Groupama Centre-Atlantique.
- Helman le Pas de Sécheval, 43, is a former student of the École normale supérieure, with a doctorate in physics and mining engineering. In 1991, he began his career as mission head in the financial engineering department of Banexi. From 1993 to 1997, he served as Deputy Inspector General of Careers for the City of Paris. In July 1997, he became deputy head of the operations and financial information unit of the French Commission des opérations de bourse (COB) before being promoted to head of the unit in 1998. Helman le Pas de Sécheval has served as Chief Financial Officer of the Groupama group since 5 November 2001.
- Christian Collin, 55, is a graduate of the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris and the French- German Chamber of Commerce. He began his professional career in 1977 as mission chief within the Financial Department of Société Ciments Lafarge France. A year later, he joined the Tunisian Economic Development Bank as mission chief. In 1980, he joined the GAN Fire-Accident team, where he served as manager for the organisation department. In 1986, he was appointed Manager of the General Business Department in the Corporate Division of the GAN Group. He was promoted to Secretary of the Group in 1991 and, in 1996, assumed responsibility for the Strategy and Finance Department. After the privatisation in 1998, he was appointed Chief Financial, Legal and Tax Officer and Director of Strategic Marketing, Quality and Communication for GAN S.A. Christian Collin served as Group Legal, Tax and Logistics Director from January 2000, and was responsible for the restructuring of GAN and the merger of Groupama S.A. and GAN S.A. He was named Groupama Corporate Secretary in September 2002 and assumed responsibility for Strategy and Human Resources in 2005.